CBSE Class 8 English Notice Writing
A notice is a written or a printed piece of information which is given to a large group of people, informing them about an event or programme that is scheduled for some time in future. It is displayed on notice-boards of schools, colleges, organisations and government bodies where everybody can read it conveniently.
Points to be Remembered While Writing a Notice
- A notice must be enclosed in a box.
- Word limit should not exceed 50 words.
- Only relevant information should be included. Do not add any irrelevant : information.
- A notice should be written on a fresh page. Nothing else should be written on the page on which the notice is written.
- Personal pronouns like I, me, You and we should not be used. A notice is written in the third person.
- Passive form of voice is used to write the body of the notice.
NOTICE FOR LOST/FOUND
You are Shyam/ Shyamli Verma of class VIIIA. You have lost your library book which was issued to you, in the playground. Draft a notice for the school notice board, informing the students about it.
BAL VIKAS PUBLIC SCHOOL, AMBALA
17th February, 20XX
Lost! Lost! Lost!
All the students are hereby informed that I have lost an NCERT Maths book issued from school library. It bears library stamp and has a blue cover on it. If found, please return to the undersigned.
- You are Madhav/Madhavi of Fairfield Public School.You have found an VIII class Hindi textbook lying in the school auditorium. Draft a notice mentioning other relevant details of the book so as to find its owner.
- Write a notice informing general public about a bag containing marksheets and certificates that you have found while travelling to Delhi by train. You should mention other necessary details about the bag so as to locate its owner.
- You have lost your school identity card in the school playground. Write a notice mentioning other details about it and a suitable reward to be given to the finder.
NOTICE FOR EVENTS/COMPETITION
You are Megha Gupta/ Mehul Gupta, the Head Girl/Head Boy of St Mary’s School, Dehradun. Draft a notice, informing the students of classes DC to XII about a workshop on ‘table manners and etiquettes’ to be held in the school premises. Give all the necessary details.
ST MARY’S SCHOOL DEHRADUN
20th October, 20XX
Workshop on Table Manners
This is to inform all the students of classes IX to XII about a workshop on ‘Table Manners and Etiquettes’, that will be held in the school auditorium on 25th October, 20XX (Wednesday) at 8:00 am. It is mandatory for all the students to attend the workshop. For any type of query please contact the undersigned.
You are Anu Desmukh/ Anoop Desmukh, the Sports Secretary of Laxman Public School,
Bhilai. Your school has decided to host the regional level volley ball tournament. Draft a notice for your school notice board inviting all the children of your school to cheer for the teams.
LAXMAN PUBLIC SCHOOL, BHILAI
10th November, 20XX
Cheer UP !
This is to inform all the students that regional level Volley Ball Tournament is being hosted by the school from 1st December to 4th December from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. All the students are requested to come and encourage the participants by cheering for the teams. For more information contact the undersigned.
You study in Lotus Public School, Delhi.Your school is holding a cultural Fiesta for collecting funds for the flood victims of Kashmir. Draft a notice for your School Notice Board giving details of the programme. Sign yourself as Ketan Mehta, Cultural Secretary.
LOTUS PUBLIC SCHOOL, DELHI
15th September, 20XX
Appeal for Flood Victims
This is to bring to the notice of students of all the classes that a ‘Cultural Fiesta’ is being organised by the school. The money collected will go to the ‘Prime Minister’s Relief Fund’ for the flood victims of Kashmir. The programme is as follows
Date : 21st September, 2014
Time : 4:00 pm
Venue : School Auditorium
Ticket : Rs. 100 each
Chief Guest : Mr SK Goswami, SSP, North Division.
For further details contact the undersigned.
You are the President of the Students’ Council of St Francis Sr Secondary School, Agra. You have invited a visiting Russian Ballet Troupe to give a performance in your school on the occasion of its Golden Jubilee celebrations. Write a notice, informing the students about this event. Sign yourself as Raman Arora/Ria Arora.
ST FRANCIS SR SECONDARY SCHOOL, AGRA
30th August, 20XX
All the students are hereby informed that a Russian Ballet Troupe will give a dance performance on the occasion of School’s Golden Jubilee Celebrations on 10th September, 20XX at 4:00 pm in the assembly hall. The famous actor/dancer Mrs Hema Malini will be the Chief Guest for the evening. For more details contact the undersigned.
You are Vaishali Sharma/ Vaibhav Sharma, the Vice Head Girl/Vice Head Boy of Oxford High School, Bahadurgarh. Your school is organising an inter class Drawing and Painting Competition for classes V to VIII. Draft a notice, words inviting the students to participate. Give all necessary details.
OXFORD PUBLIC SCHOOL, BAHADURGARH
5th July, 20XX
Drawing and Painting Competition
This is to inform all the students of classes V to VIII about the Drawing and Painting Competition to be held in the school.
Date : 15th July, 20XX
Time : 9:00 am to 11:00 am.
Venue : Central Courtyard
Prizes : First- Rs. 2000 Second – Rs. 1500 Third – Rs. 11000
Certificates will be awarded to all participants. Drawing sheets will be provided by the school. For further details contact the undersigned.
- As Smita Bansal, School Captain of BMC School, you have to write a notice informing the students about an upcoming school tour to Nainital to be held during summer vacation.Write a notice about the same mentioning all the relevant details like cost of the trip, food, sightseeing, lodging, transport etc.
- You are Rajni Gupta, Cultural Secretary, Somerville School.You have been asked to inform all students of classes VI-VIII about an inter school dance competition to be .held in your school. It would be judged by famous choreographer Saroj Khan.Write the notice informing about the same to the students.
- As the School Captain of your school you have to put up a notice informing all the students about the special screening of the patriotic movie ‘Mera Bharat’ in the school auditorium on the occasion of Independence day. Draft a notice informing about the same by giving all the relevant details.
NOTICE FOR CHANGE IN ADDRESS
You are Alok Mehta, Administrative Officer of Tata Steel Pvt Ltd. Draft a notice for a local newspaper, informing the public about the change of the company’s address.
TATA STEEL PVT LTD
15th October, 20XX
Change of Address
General Public is hereby informed that Tata Steel Pvt Ltd has shifted its company office from 48, New Rajinder Nagar to 36, Amardeep Building, Pusa : Road. Henceforth, all correspondence should be directed to the new address. The office hours will remain the same i.e. 9:00 am to 6:00 pm. For further details contact the undersigned.
Mobile – xxxxxxxxxx
- As the Chief Editor of The National Times, a leading newspaper, you want to draft a notice informing general public about the permanent change in the address of your newspaper’s office. Draft the notice including necessary information.
- You are Raj Sharma.You want to change your name to Raj Kumar Sharma for all the future purpose. Write a notice mentioning the above said change to be published in the newspaper.
- You are Rajesh Sahu, General Manager of Reliance Steel Ltd, Delhi. Write a notice informing general public about the change in address of your company due to certain renovation work.
NOTICE FOR APPEAL
You are Srijana, Srikant of Gitanjali Public School.Write a notice appealing students of your school to generously donate in cash and kind for the poor children of an orphanage.
7th October, 20XX
Gitanjali Public School
Help! Make someone Smile! Donate for a noble cause!
This is an humble request to all the students of the school to donate clothes, cash, toys, stationery, books and other utility items for the poor children of ‘Masoom Bharat’. The donations will be collected till 14th October, 2015 in the school auditorium. For further details, please contact the undersigned.
Head Girl, GP School
- Draft a notice to be put up on the school notice board urging students to buy organic idols during Navaratri. Mention the advantages of doing so in the notice.
- The principal of your school has asked you to draw a notice warning students about the strict disciplinary action
to be taken against them if they are found guilty of ragging the freshers and junior students. Draft the notice for the same in 50 words.
- You are Ashika Chawla, President, GK colony housing society. Write a notice urging the residents to generously donate in cash and kind for the earthquake victims of Uttarakhand in the relief camp to be organised by the housing society.