Joint Bar graphs – Maharashtra Board Class 7 Solutions for Mathematics (English Medium)
- To draw a bar graph two lines at right-angles to each other are drawn on graph paper. Of these lines, the horizontal one is called X- axis and the vertical one Y- axis.
- The point of intersection of X-axis and Y-axis is called the origin.
- The X-axis and Y-axis form an angle of 90 degrees with each other.
- In Marathi, Govinda scored 65 marks in the first term examination and 70 marks in the second term examination.
- Govinda’s marks fell in Hindi and Science in the second term exam.
- Maths marks in the 1st term = 80
Maths marks in the 2nd term = 85
Thus, increase in Maths marks in the second term = 85 – 80 = 5
- Govinda’s marks in Maths were more than 80 in the second term.
- The number of literate women is the greatest in village C.
- The numbers of literate and illiterate women are the same in village B.
- The number of illiterate women in village C is 400.
- Number of literate women in village D = 500
Number of illiterate women in village D = 700
Thus, in village D, the number of illiterate women – number of literate women = 700 – 500 = 200
Hence, in village D, the number of illiterate women exceeds the number of literate women by 200.
- The number of literate women is the least in village D.
- School No. 3 planted the same number of trees every year.
- School No. 2 planted more trees in 2007-08 than in 2006-07.
- School No. 1 planted more trees in 2006-07 than in 2007-08.
- The number of people getting the benefit of the EGS in village R
= Number of men getting the benefit in village R + Number of women getting the benefit in village R
= 170 + 50
- Village Q has the most women beneficiaries.
- In village S, there are 80 men beneficiaries and 120 women beneficiaries
- Village P has more men beneficiaries.
- Nikhil’s and Sagar’s scores were same in match II.
- Sagar scored more in match III.
- Number of runs Nikhil scored more than Sagar in the first match
= Number of runs scored by Nikhil in the first match – Number of runs scored by Sagar in the first match
= 35 – 25
= 10 runs
- In match II and match IV, Sagar had equal scores.
- In match II and match III, Nikhil had equal scores.
- The number of voters registered at the centre at Jawahar Vidyalaya is 700 and the actual number of votes cast is 450.
- The City High School has the largest number of registered voters.
- The highest number of votes were cast at the Remand Home polling center
- The number of votes cast at School No. 5 is 500.
- The fourth (IV) adult literacy class has the largest number of learners.
- The centres I and V have equal number of learners on the rolls.
- Centres II, III and V have the same number of adult literates.
- All the adults enrolled achieved literacy at centre III.