Click here to get access to the best NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English. Go through this Notice Writing Class 12 Format, Examples to learn English.
Notice Writing Class 12 Format, Examples, Topics, Exercises
WHAT IS A NOTICE?
A notice is a written or printed news announcement or information. A notice may contain news/information about something that has happened or is likely to happen. It may be a formal announcement of public importance or an advance warning meant for compliance and information. A notice can be about a meeting, an event, an excursion/a historical trip/a picnic, lost and found, change of name/address/uniform/timings/venue etc.
Notices are effective means of disseminating information related to different issues or occasions. They reach to a large number of persons in a short time. Hence; a notice is written in simple and formal language. It is clear, brief and to the point.
(a) School/College Notice Boards.
(c) Public Notice Boards.
(a) Format: It includes the word ‘NOTICE’, date, heading, writer’s name and designation.
(b) Content: It must answer the questions What? When? Where? How? etc.
(c) Expression: It relates to the overall organisation and relevance of the content as well as grammatical accuracy and fluency.
A. NOTICES FOR SCHOOUCOLLEGE NOTICE BOARDS
- It must contain complete information.
- The order of presentation should be clear.
- State the purpose of notice clearly.
- Content should include all necessary information, e.g. for a meeting the time, venue, date and agenda.
- Use impersonal language, i.e., third person. Avoid ‘I’ and You’.
- Give the designation of the writer just below the signature.
- The date of writing notice is generally put at the top.
- Observe the word limit. If you exceed it, you will get a negative mark.
1. CULTURAL & ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
(Dance, Drama, Music, Quiz, Debate, Lecture, Magazine, Science Fair ! Exhibition etc.)
You are the Secretary of the English Literary Association of Tagore Memorial School, Patna. Write out a notice for noticeboard, inviting names of those who would like to participate in the proposed inter-house debate, oratorial and elocution contest.
English Literary Association
TAGORE MEMORIAL SCHOOL, PATNA
5 Aug. 20XX
The English Literary Association invites participants in the following contests to be held in the school auditorium:
(a) Debate competition: 20 Aug. 20XX at 11.00 a.m.
(b) Oratorial skills: 21 Aug. 20XX at 11.00 a.m.
(c) Elocution contest: 21 Aug. 20XX at 2.00 p.m.
Each house can send a team of two students per item.
Last date for submission of names: 10th August, 20XX
You are Rahul /Rashmi. As President of the Literary Club of your school; you have organised an inter-school debate competition on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee celebrations of your school. Write a notice in about 50 words, informing the students of your school about the competition.
ST. THOMAS PUBLIC SCHOOL, LUCKNOW
5 Dec. 20XX
The Literary Club is organising an inter-school debate competition on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee celebrations as per details given below:
Date : 18 Dec. 20XX
Time : 11 a.m. onwards
Venue : Saraswati Auditorium
Topic : “Nuclear Armament is India’s best defence against cross-border terrorism”
Last date for receipt of names: 10 Dec. upto 4.30 p.m. in the Activities Room.
You are Ravi/Rachna. As President of the Cultural Forum of your school, you have organised an inter-school orchestra competition on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee celebrations of your school. Write a notice in about 50 words, informing the students of your school about this competition.
RAS BIHARI MODEL SCHOOL, MATHURA
6 Nov. 20XX
Inter-School Orchestra Competition
On the occasion of the Silver Jubilee celebrations, an Inter-School Orchestra Competition will be held.
Date : 14 Nov. 20XX
Time : 2 p.m. onwards
Venue : Vikram Auditorium
Participants : Maximum 9 in an item
Last date for submission of Entry Forms: 10 Nov 20XX
You are Pradeep /Asha. As President of the Dramatic Club of your school; you have organised an inter-school competition in one-act plays on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee celebrations of your school. Write a notice in about 50 words, informing the students of your school about this proposed event.
SCINDIA SCHOOL, INDORE
16 AUG. 20XX
On the occasion of the Silver Jubilee celebrations of the school, the Dramatic Club has organized an inter-school competition in one-act plays as per details given below :
Date : 30 Aug 20XX
Time : 10 a.m. onwards
Venue : Ashoka Auditorium
Participants : Maximum 7 in a team
Last Date for the receipt of Entry forms: 25 Aug. 20XX by 4.00 pm
You are President of the Cultural Society of your school. You are planning to organise a cultural programme. Write a notice for the school noticeboard inviting names of students willing to participate. You are Sudhir, the secretary of the society.
ABC SCHOOL, BHOPAL
9th Aug. 20XX
OPPORTUNITY FOR BUDDING ARTISTS
Talented students are invited to submit their names for a musical evening to be held on 21st August 20XX in the school open air theatre from 6 p.m. onwards Items:
- Light vocal music (solo)
- Group Song
- Group Dance
- Classical Dance (Solo)
Contact the undersigned before 16th Aug. 20XX.
You are David I Dorothy, the secretary of .the Dance and Drama Society of the Sanskriti School, Patna. Write a notice for your school notice board inviting students to give their names for a Fancy Dress Competition.
Dance & Drama Society
THE SANSKRITI SCHOOL, PATNA
9th Aug. 20XX
A Fancy Dress Competition will be held as under:
Date : 25 Aug. 20XX
Time : 11 a.m. onwards
Venue : School Auditorium
Duration of performance : 3 minutes
Last Date for submission of names : 16 Aug. 20XX by 4 p.m.
For details contact the undersigned
David / Dorothy
Dance & Drama Society
You are Pushpak /Pooja. As the Secretary of the Social Service League of your school; you have organised a cultural benefit show in aid of mentally handicapped children of your town, Vijayawada. Write a notice in not more than 50 words for your school notice board, giving necessary information about the programme.
Social Service League
CENTRAL PUBLIC SCHOOL, VIJAYWADA
05 Jan. 20XX
In aid of mentally handicapped children we are presenting
A CULTURAL SHOW
Date : 14 January 20XX
Time : 4.30 p.m. onwards
Venue : Community Centre, Vijayawada All are cordially invited.
You are Rohit/Rashi. As the Secretary of the Cultural Club of your school, you have organised a Cultural Evening as a thanks giving programme on the last day of your school. Write a notice for your school notice board, giving necessary information about this event in not more than 50 words.
HOLY CHILD ACADEMY, MANIPUR
5 Feb. 20XX
THANKS GIVING CEREMONY
The Cultural Club is organising a thanks giving ceremony as per details given below :
Date : 20 February 20XX
Time : 6 p.m. onwards
Venue : School Auditorium
Cultural Programme and refreshment will follow. Please be in your seats by 5.50 p.m.
Maintain decency and decorum.
You are Praveen /Prabha. As the Secretary, Science Club of your school, write a notice informing students about an Inter-School Science Exhibition and encouraging them to participate in it.
GOENKA PUBLIC SCHOOL, NEW DELHI
15 July 20XX
Bright, enterprising and intelligent science students are invited to participate in the Inter-School Science Exhibition to be held in Sophia School next month. Submit your charts, models, projects by 30th July. Appear before screening committee on 5 Aug. 20XX at 11 a.m. in the Activities Room.
You are Avani/Avinash. As the Secretary of Students’ Forum you want to start a Wall Magazine for the students of the school. Write a notice inviting articles, stories, poems and campus news for the Wall Magazine.
ST PATRICK SCHOOL, SHIMLA
20 July 20XX
It is proposed to launch a Wall Magazine outside the Senior Common Room. This will help in churning out the creative and literary talents of students.
Items : Articles, stories, poems
Length : Not more than 400 words
Size : Foolscap paper with margin
Date of Submission : 5th of every month
Contact : Vaxii, XIA; coordinator
Write a notice for your school notice board in 50 words inviting articles for your school magazine. You are Ramesh, student Editor of your school magazine.
MARIGOLD PUBLIC SCHOOL, KARNAL
10 Sept. 20XX
The school magaine ‘OUTLOOK’ will be published in the first week of February. Students are requested to contribute articles, poems, riddles, short stories, funny anecdotes, cartoons etc to the undersigned by 10th October.
Contributions should be neatly written or typed on one side of the foolscap paper.
You are Rohit / Roopali. As President of the Students’ Council of St. Francis Sr. Secondary School, Bangalore you have invited a visiting Russian Ballet troupe to give a performance in your school on the occasion of its Golden Jubilee celebrations. Write a notice in about 50 words informing the students about this event.
ST. FRANCIS SR. SECONDARY SCHOOL, BANGALORE
3 Jan. 20XX
RUSSIAN BALLET VISIT
On the occasion of the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the school, a visiting Russian Ballet Troupe, will give its performance.
Date : 10 Jan 20XX
Time : 3 pm onwards
Venue : School Auditorium
All are invited. Please collect invitation cards from the undersigned.
You are Manav/Manasi working as the Students’ Representative on the School Development committee. The committee is going to meet next week to prepare a Calendar of Activities for the school for the year 200X-20XX. To ensure that you play your role effectively at the proposed meeting you have decided to invite the students’ suggestions on this subject. Write a notice in this regard in not more than 50 words to be put up on your school notice board.
4 May 20XX
PROPOSED CALENDAR: 200X-20XX
The School Development Committee proposes to develop calendar of activities for next year. All suggestions on following topics may be directed to the undersigned by 15th May. .
- Inter-house Competitions
- Trekking Venues
- Welfare Activities
- Inter-School Contests
- Science Fair/Exhibitions
Your school (Amar Vidyplaya) is organising a cultural evening to collect funds for the slum children. The Education Minister has consented to be the Chief Guest on the occasion. Draft a notice about it to be displayed on your school notice board. You are the school Head Boy /Head Girl. (Word limit: 50)
7 March 20XX
Our school is organising a Cultural Evening to collect funds for the ‘slum children’ on 10th March, 20XX at 5 p.m. in the auditorium. All the students are requested to make it a success. The Hon’ble Education Minister will be the Chief Guest. Come with friends & relatives.
Ticket: ₹ 50
You are Narain /Namrata, the Cultural Secretary of Kings’ Senior Secondary School, Nainital. Write a notice suitable for your school notice board giving the details for participation of students in a cultural programme to be organised by your school. (Word limit: 50)
As the Head Boy /Head Girl of your school you are organising a Career Counselling Session for XI and XII Std. students of your school. Write a notice giving details of it to be displayed on your school notice board. (Word limit: 50)
1 August 20XX
ABC SCHOOL XYZ CITY
CAREER COUNSELLING SESSION
Students of classes XI and XII are invited to attend a career counselling session on 10 Aug. 20XX in the Tagore Auditorium at 9.00 am. Please be seated by 8.45 am. Kindly do not bring bag/eatables inside the auditorium. For more details contact the undersigned.
TEST YOUR SKILLS
- You are Seema/Sudhir, the Cultural Secretary of your school. Write a notice for your school notice board in 50 words inviting students to participate in an inter-school poster making contest.
- You are Kamal/Komal. Your school has decided to organise a cultural programme to raise funds for the victims of Orissa super cyclone. As the Cultural Secretary, write a notice in about 50 words giving details to your schoolmates.
- You are Navin/Namita, Head Boy/Girl of your school. You have organised a talk on career guidance by Dr Arun Bajaj, the eminent counsellor SAHYOG. Write a notice in about 50 words inviting students of XI and XII to attend the lecture.
- Mother Teresa Public School, Kolkata is organising a debate on 15 Feb, 20XX at 11 a.m. The topic is ‘Environmental degradation is a global concern’. Two students can participate from each school. As social secretary of your school put up a notice inviting names of students who wish to participate in the debate.
- You are Shakti/Shalini working as the Students’ Representative on the Management Committee of your school. The committee is going to meet next week to chalk out an academic programme for the next year. To ensure that the committee really prepares a need-based programme for the students you have decided to invite the students’ suggestions on this subject. Write a notice in this regard in not more than 50 words
- Your school is organising a two-day Integration Camp at Sawan Public School, Mehrauli involving special children. There will be art work, music, song and dance competitions. As Cultural Incharge, draft a notice inviting names of participants from classes XI-XII.
- NIE is organising an Inter School Debate at the PSBB Sr. Sec. School, Chennai on 14 Feb. 20XX at 10 a.m. The topic is ‘Caring and Sharing—a global concern’. Two students can participate from each school. Being the NIE coordinator of your school, put up a notice inviting names of debaters for participation.
- As the Head Boy/Head Girl of your school you are organising a Career Counselling Session for XI and XII Std. students of your school. Write a notice giving details of it to be displayed on your school notice board. (Word limit: 50 words)
- You are the Secretary of your School Literary Association. Write a notice for your school notice board, giving details of the inauguration of the Literary Association activities. You are ABC of Queen Victoria Senior Secondary School, Nagpur. (Word limit: 50 words).
- You are the Editor of your school magazine. Draft a notice for your school notice board inviting articles, sketches, etc. from the students for your school magazine. Sign as XYZ of ABT Senior Secondary School, Hyderabad. (Word limit: 50 words)
- You are Amit/Amrita, Head Boy/Head Girl of your school (Zenith Public School). Write a notice for your school notice board calling for entries from desirous students for Britannia Quiz Contest—Preliminary round to be held at your school
- You are Subodh/Smriti, Head Boy/Head Girl of your school. (Ascot Public School, Ranchi). Write a notice for your school notice board inviting students to participate in an inter-house Science Quiz to be held at your school.
- Commerce Association IBM School Faridabad is inviting Professor P.C. Seth to speak on ‘Tax Reforms-the Need of the Hour’. As the Secretary of the Commerce Association, write a notice inviting the students to attend the lecture. Give details.
- You are Sahil, Cultural Secretary of Tagore Model School, Cuttack. You have organised a Charity Show in your school in aid of the drought affected villagers of Kalahandi. Write out a notice to be displayed on the school notice board informing the students
; about the show and seeking their cooperation for the success of the charity show.
- Your school is organising a fete to collect funds for charity. Only school students are eligible to put up stalls. As Head Boy/Head Girl of the Meera International School, draft a notice in not more than 50 words to be put up announcing sale of stalls giving all other necessary details.
your school is organising a tour to Mumbai and Goa during the winter vacation. Write a notice giving detailed information to the students. You are Madhav/Madhavi, School Pupil Leader, St. Columbia’s Senior Secondary School, Ameenabad, Lucknow. (Word limit: 50 words)
ST. COLUMBIA’S SR. SECONDARY SCHOOL, LUCKNOW
10 Dec. 20XX
The school is organising a ten-day tour to Mumbai and Goa as per details given below :
Date : Dec. 23 to 2 Jan.
Cost : ₹ 2500/- per head
Plans : Visiting interesting sites, joining Christmas/New Year Celebrations/Surfing/Trekking.
Those interested may submit names to the undersigned before 16 December.
Madhav / Madhavi
School Pupil Leader
The Students’ Council of your school has organised an excursion to Ajanta and Ellora for the students of classes XI and XII during winter break. As the President of the Council, write a notice in not more than 50 words telling the students about this excursion and inviting their names for joining it.
APEX PUBLIC SCHOOL, AGRA
4 December 20XX.
The students’ Council is organising an excursion to Ajanta and Ellora for a fortnight.
Date of Departure : 22nd Dec
Date of Return : 5th Jan
Fee : ₹ 5000 per head
Plans : Visiting Mumbai and other sites besides the caves Interested students may contact the undersigned and deposit the cash before 10th December 20XX.
You are Sanjay / Sangeeta. As President of the Excursion Club; you have organized an excursion to Kathmandu (Nepal) during the summer vacation for the senior students of your school. Write a notice in about 50 words, informing the students about the proposed excursion.
K.M. MEMORIAL SCHOOL, BHIWANI
10 April 20XX
All students of Class XI and XII are invited to join an excursion to Kathmandu (Nepal).
Duration : a fortnight
Dates : 15 May to 29 May
Expenses : ₹ 5000 per person
Itinerary : Available with the undersigned Those interested may contact the undersigned before 17th April.
The 10th International Book Fair is being held at Pragati Mdidan between 7 Feb.-14 Feb 20XX. As Secretary, Literary Association, write a notice informing students about it.
1 Feb. 20XX
INTERNATIONAL BOOK FAIR
The 10th International Book Fair is being organised as per details given below:
Venue : Pragati Maidan
Dates : 7 Feb. – 14 Feb. 20XX
Time : 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Entry fee : Free for students, conducted tours All students are requested to visit.
Contact the undersigned for class-wise programme.
You are Deepak /Dipti, School Captain. The Principal has permitted you to organise a class picnic to Suraj Kund / Badhkhal Lake under the supervision of your class teachers. Write a notice for the school notice board inviting the names of those who would like to join the picnic.
6 Aug. 20XX
PICNIC AT SURAJKUND
A picnic at Surajkund is being organised on Sunday, the 14th August 20XX for class XII.
Departure : 8 a.m. (School bus)
Arrival : 6 p.m.
Fees : ₹ 50 per head
Attraction : Fun Games/Boating/Crafts Exhibition
Guidance : Sh. J.P. Gupta & Ms. S. Ahuja, class teachers Those interested may give their names to the undersigned by 11th August.
TEST YOUR SKILLS
- The Students’ Council of your school has organised an excursion to Kathmandu for the students of classes XI and XII during summer vacation. As President of the Council, write a notice in not more than 50 words telling the students about this excursion and inviting their names for joining it.
- The Students’ Council of your school has organised an excursion to Goa for the students of classes XI and XII during summer vacation. As President of the Council, write a notice in not more than 50 words telling the students about this excursion and inviting their names for joining it.
- You are the pupil leader of your school. Draft a notice for the notice board about an excursion that your school is organising, giving all the necessary information in not more than 50 words, asking those desirous to join the excursion to give their names.
- Write a notice to be circulated among the students of class XII informing them about a free trip to the International Trade Fair at Pragati Maidan. Imagine you are Priya/ Pranav, School Captain.
- As Asha/Abhinav, School Pupil Leader, write a notice for the school notice board, informing students about proposed picnic at Rose Gardens/Sukhana Lake, Chandigarh.
3. SPORTS/NSS/RED CROSS/CAMPS
You are Vikram/Vineeta, the Sports Secretary of Jawahamagar Public School, Varanasi. Draft a notice inviting students to give their names for various events to be organised on the Annual Sports Day of your school. (Word limit: 50 words)
JAWAHARNAGAR PUBLIC SCHOOL, VARANASI
20 Nov. 20XX
ANNUAL SPORTS DAY
Students are invited to submit their names for participating in any five of the following sports activities, for the Annual Sports Day to be held on 15th December.
- Races : 100M, 200M, 400M, 800M, 1600M, 10,000M
- Jumps : High Jump, Long Jump, Hop and Pole Vault
- Throws : Shot-Put, Discus, Javelin & Hammer Throw Names should reach the undersigned latest by 1st December.
Vikram / Vineeta
You are the Sports Captain of King’s Public School, Kalimpong. Write a notice to be put up on the school notice board informing the students about the inter-school basketball match. Give all necessary details of the match to be played.
KING’S PUBLIC SCHOOL, KALIMPONG
10 Aug. 20XX
The students will feel glad to know that our basketball team has reached the final of inter-school basketball championship. The final match against St. John School Darjeeling will be played tomorrow, i.e., 11 Aug. 20XX at 3 p.m. at our school ground. Please do come, cheer up the team and boost their morale.
Your school is holding a summer camp for training students in Hockey and Basketball. Write a notice for the school notice board ofAnand Prakash Vidyalaya, Allahabad. You are the Sports Secretary of the school. (Word limit: 50 words)
ANAND PRAKASH VIDYALAYA, ALLAHABAD
15 April 20XX
SPORTS – SUMMER CAMP
Sports lovers will be pleased to know that our school is organising a summer camp for training students in Hockey and Basketball.
Duration : 10 days – 15 May to 30 May
Time : 8 to 10 a.m. & 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Venue : Jawahar Lai Nehru Stadium
Eligibility : Students of IX to XII only.
Those interested in taking benefit of the facility should give their names to the
undersigned latest by 30 April 20XX.
Write a notice for the school notice board inviting volunteers for an N.S.S. Camp. You are Gaurif Gautam, the Group leader ofS.D. Sr. Sec. School, Ambala Cantt.
S.D. SR. SEC. SCHOOL, AMBALA CANTT
2 Sept. 20XX
An N.S.S. camp of our unit will be held from 15 Sept, to 30 Sept, at village Dinapur. Projects include Adult Literacy, Tree Plantation. Cleanliness Campaign and Health Awareness. Volunteers should give their names to the undersigned by 7th Sept. 20XX.
Group Leader N.S.S.
You are Rama Rao, Secretary of the Students’ Council of your School (St. Thomas School, Cochin). Write a notice for the school notice board inviting volunteers for a one-day Blood Donation Camp organised by The Red Cross Society of India at your school.
10 Aug. 20XX
ST. THOMAS SCHOOL, COCHIN
BLOOD DONATION CAMP
The Red Cross Society of India is organising a blood donation camp at our School.
Date : 17th August 20XX
Time : 10 A.M. to 3 P.M.
Venue : School Auditorium Students are urged to participate in large number.
Remember: Your blood can save a human life
TEST YOUR SKILLS
- You are Kumar, Sports Secretary of ABC School, Chennai. Write a notice for the school notice board informing the students that your school is playing a match against M.A.K. Senior Secondary School in the T.N.C.A. Cricket finals. Invite them to come and watch the match to cheer the team. (Word limit: 50 words)
- You are Samuel John, the School Prefect. Your school has organised a trekking expedition dining the autumn break. Draft a notice for the notice board giving all the necessary details in not more than 50 words asking those keen to join to submit their names.
- Under the “Each One: Teach One” programme, your school has adopted a nearby village/slum. As N.S.S. group leader, motivate student volunteers to participate in the campaign. You are Vibha/Varun of Springdales School, Rohtak.
- You are the Director, Physical Education of your school. Your school is playing against CPM school, Meerut, in the Zonal Volleyball finals. Write a notice in about 50 words for your school notice board inviting your school students to come and watch the tournament and cheer the team. [AI 1999C]
- You are the Sports Secretary of your school. Write a notice in 50 words for the school notice board, asking the students interested in hockey to give their names for selection for your school hockey team. (Eligibility—class VI to VIII students).
4. LOST AND FOUND
Saurabh Shukla, a student of Class XII, has lost his calculator somewhere in the School premises. Write a short notice for the school notice board requesting the finder to return it to him. Saurabh is a student of Jain Model School, Surat.
JAIN MODEL SCHOOL, SURAT
15 Oct. 20XX
LOST! LOST! LOST!
Lost a Sharp-VM Calculator in the school premises during recess today. My initials SS are engraved on its black back. The finder is requested to return the same to the undersigned. A treat is promised.
XII B—Roll No. 67
You are Ashish Khanna of Class XII. You have found a watch in the school playground. Write a notice for the school notice board inviting its rightful owner to claim the watch after furnishing necessary details about it.
ABC SCHOOL, MYSORE
10 Nov. 20XX
FOUND! FOUND! FOUND!
Found a gent’s wrist watch in the school playground today, i.e., 10 Nov. 20XX at 8.30 a.m. The genuine owner of the watch can claim it back from the undersigned after giving necessary details about the watch and identification marks if any.
Roll No. 25
TEST YOUR SKILLS
- You are Vijay Saxena of XII C, DAV Sr. Sec. School, Chitra Gupta Road, New Delhi. You have dropped your purse somewhere in the school premises. Write a notice for the students’ notice board requesting the finder to return it to you.
- You are Ayushi of XII B. You have lost your bus-pass in the Activities Room during the rehearsals of the school play. Write a notice for the notice board of your school giving necessary details.
- You are Puja, a student of XII class of Sarojini Model School, Hyderabad. You have lost your project file in the School canteen dining recess/vacant period. Write a notice for the school notice board giving details of the file and its contents.
- You are Jyoti, a student of Sharada Academy, Jhansi. You have found a book lying in the school premises. Write a notice for the school notice board inviting the rightful owner to furnish necessary details to claim it back from you.
- Avani, a student of class XII, has found a wallet in the school canteen. In addition to
cash, it contains some receipts/bills. Write a notice for the school notice board inviting the rightful owner to claim it after giving details of the wallet and its contents.
- You are Sanjeev/Shubha of XII B of Summer Fields School. You have found a purse containing some important personal documents and some cash. Write a notice to be put up on the school notice board.
You are Mohan, the Secretary of the Old Boys Association of your school. The Association proposes to celebrate its Silver Jubilee year of the school. Draft a notice to be published in the newspaper inviting suggestions about how to celebrate it. (Word limit: 50 words)
10 March, 20XX
Old Boys’ Association
BIRLA PUBLIC SCHOOL, PILANI
The ex-students of this prestigious institution will be pleased to learn that the O.B.A. proposes to celebrate the Silver Jubilee year of the school. Suggestions are invited from the enlightened alumni about how to celebrate it best. Please send your suggestions along with latest contact address and subscription to the undersigned by 10th April 20XX.
Old Boys’ Association
Your school has just completed 25 years of its meritorious services to society. The Students’ Council of y our school has decided to celebrate its Silver Jubilee. As President of the Council, write a notice in not more than 50 words for the students of your school, informing them about the Council’s decision and seeking their cooperation for the success of the proposed silver jubilee celebrations.
24 Sept., 20XX
LALA LAJPAT RAI MEMORIAL SCHOOL, LUDHIANA
The Students’ Council is organising a cultural function to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of the school which has just completed 25 years of its meritorious services to society. The cultural evening will comprise songs, dances, skits, group dances/ songs etc. Please participate and lend active cooperation to make the function a grand success.
Your school has decided to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of National Independence by arranging a day long programme. As the Pupil Leader of your school, write a notice, giving details of the programme and calling for the participation and cooperation of your school students. (Notice not to exceed 50 words and be suitable for the school notice board).
ZENITH SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL, LUCKNOW
20 July 20XX
GOLDEN JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS
On the occasion of Independence Day the celebrations will be held as under:
Date : 15th August 20XX
Venue : School assembly compound
Time : 9.00 a.m. onwards
Chief Guest : Mr Trilok Gupta, I.A.S.
Programme : Flag hoisting, cultural extravaganza, gymnastics, fancy dress, on-the-spot painting contest
Every one is welcome to participate. Names must be given to the undersigned by 1st Aug.
TEST YOUR SKILLS
- St. Annes School, Maryland has completed 50 years of meritorious service to the society. As President of the Students’ Council of your school, write a notice informing the Council’s decision to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of the school. You are Sanjeev/Sanjana.
- Your School Nutan Bharat Public School, Baroda has just completed 25 years of meritorious services to society. As president of the Students’ Council, write a notice informing the students about the Silver Jubilee Celebrations proposed by the Students’ Council and seeking their suggestions/cooperation.
- Your school has won All-Round-Best Trophy for its achievement in sports, academics, cultural and welfare activities. The Students’ Council has decided to celebrate this occasion. Write a notice informing the students about the proposed celebrations.
B. GENERAL NOTICES
Public/General notices are announcements/news/information addressed to a large section of people or to the general public. The notices are either published in newspapers/ magazines or displayed on public notice boards at prominent places in the colony/city.
- Use the notice format.
- Tone & style – Very formal.
- Language – Simple and intelligible.
- Include relevant matter: State issues/problems/rules clearly.
- Put date of writing the notice at the top/bottom.
- End with signature & designation of the issuing authority.
General notices include court notices, tender-notices, sale/auction notices, academic notices, obituary, club notices, lost & found notices in addition to notices for general welfare of the public.
1. PUBLIC NOTICES
You are Abhinav /Abha. You have planned a 2-week course to be arranged to help the children of your group Housing Society at Kanpur acquire the communication skills. Prepare a notice for the society’s notice board, stating the objectives of the course, giving necessary details of the course and requesting the children of the Society to join the course.
2 Oct. 20XX
IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNICATION SKILLS
A two-week course on communication skills is being organised for the children of our Group Hopsing Society as per details given below:
Date : 15 Oct. – 30 Oct. 20XX
Timings : 4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Venue : Community Hall, Jyoti Group Housing Society, Kanpur
Fee : ₹ 500
The students interested in improving the communication skills may contact the undersigned for further details.
23B, J.G.H. Society, Kanpur
You are Rakesh /Rakhi, the secretary of L.M. Residents’ Welfare Society, Green Park Extension, Kolkata. Write a notice requesting the members of the Society to attend a meeting of the Society to discuss the problem of security of the members of your Society.
5 Oct. 20XX
L.M. RESIDENTS’ WELFARE SOCIETY
Green Park Extension, KOLKATA
A meeting of the members will be held to discuss the problem of security of the members of the Society.
Date : 10 December 20XX
Time : 6 p.m.
Venue : Community Centre
All the members are requested to attend the meeting and give their considered opinion/valuable suggestions.
You are the Secretary of Modern Flats Welfare Association, Bangalore. Write a notice to be circulated to the members of the Association, requesting them to attend a meeting to discuss the parking of the vehicles of the residents.
MODERN FLATS WELFARE ASSOCIATION, BANGALORE
6 Dec., 20XX
A meeting of the members of the Association will be held on Sunday, the 10th December 20XX at 3 p.m. in the Association’s Community Centre to discuss the arrangements to be made for the parking of the vehicles of the residents to ensure safety as well as convenience. All the members are requested to attend.
M/s Suraj Associates Gurgaon have terminated the services of their employee, Sohanlal who used to get orders and advances from their customers. Write a public notice for a daily newspaper informing the public that the company will not be responsible for any dealings done by Sh. Sohanlal on their behalf.
M/s Suraj Associates, Gurgaon hereby declare that the services of their employee, Sh. Sohanlal have been terminated. The customers are informed not to give him any orders/advance payments on our behalf. The company will not be responsible for the dealings made by him.
For M/s Suraj Associates
1 June 20XX
2. ACADEMIC NOTICES
An Inter-school Kabaddi Competition is organized by your school. Write a notice, in not more than 50 words, requesting the students to be present at the venue to encourage the players. Invent all the necessary details. You are Arjun, the sports captain of your school.
ST. MICHAEL SR. SECONDARY SCHOOL, DELHI
December 10, 20XX
INTER SCHOOL KABADDI COMPETITION
An Inter-school Kabaddi Competition is going to be held on 20th December at 3.00 pm in the school playground. The students who want to participate in the competition may enroll their names along with their details till 17th December to their Sports Secretary. All the students are requested to be present at the venue to cheer up the participants. For further details, contact the undersigned.
You are the Controller of Examinations of CBSE. The Central Government has declared 15th March a public holiday. CBSE has decided to shift all examinations scheduled for 15th March to a later date. Draft a notice, announcing the change, in about 50 words for publication in a newspaper.
CENTRAL BOARD OF SECONDARY EDUCATION, PREET VIHAR, NEW DELHI
CHANGE IN SCHEDULE
Consequent on the Central Government’s decision to observe 15th March as a public holiday, all the examinations of CBSE scheduled for 15th March have been shifted to 25th March and 28th March 20XX.
Candidates may contact the Principals of their examination centres for clarifications, if needed.
Controller of Examinations
CBSE, New Delhi
5 March 20XX
3. LOST AND FOUND
You have lost your wallet containing valuable documents (passport, certificates and a bunch of keys) while travelling by Taj Express from Delhi to Agra. Write a notice for publishing in ‘The Times of India’ (Delhi) under ‘Lost and Found’ column. You are Naresh/Neha of 5A/42C, Janakpuri, New Delhi.
LOST AND FOUND
Lost a wallet of black leather containing some valuable documents including my Board’s certificate of All India Senior Secondary Examination, passport and a bunch of keys on 23rd July, 20XX while travelling by Taj Express from Delhi to Agra. Finder will be suitably rewarded. Contact Naresh, 5A/42C, Janakpuri, New Delhi.
4. SALE NOTICES
Garuda Silk Mills (P) Ltd. Banaras, launches its Discount Sale for its export qualities in Delhi. Write a suitable Sales Notice for publication in a newspaper.
GARUDA SILK MILLS, BANARAS
HEAVY DISCOUNT SALE
Export quality sarees of Garuda Silk Mills available at heavy discount in Delhi for the first time.
Date : 15 & 16 August 20XX
Time : 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Venue : Hotel Neeraj, A/4 Akbar Road, New Delhi
- China silk saree worth ₹ 500 available for ₹ 125
- Priya Banarasi printed silk saree worth ₹ 800 available for ₹ 200
- Garni gold embroidered silk saree worth ₹ 15000 available for ₹ 400
Note: These pieces have minor defects. Not easily visible.
5. AUCTION NOTICES
You are the Commissioner, Customs Department, North Zone, 567, Sector 17 Chandigarh. Write out a notice for the auction of confiscated property by auction on ‘as is where is’ basis.
Notice is hereby given to interested buyers of foreign goods regarding the annual auction sale of confiscated items by the Customs Department on ‘as is where is’ basis.
Date : 23 Sept. 20XX
Time : 10 a.m.
Place : Ware House, Customs Dept., 567, Sector-17, Chandigarh. Conditions apply. Brochure available at enquiry on payment of ₹ 10/-. Goods can be inspected on 21 Sept. 20XX from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Customs Dept., North Zone
6. CLUB NOTICE
You are the Secretary of Gymkhana Club of Coimbatore. Draft a notice to be sent to the members asking them to attend the extraordinary meeting of the Governing Body (Insert the necessary details). Sign as Prabhat /Parvi. (Word limit: 50)
GYMKHANA CLUB, COIMBATORE
10 March 20XX
Members are requested to make it convenient to attend an extraordinary meeting of the Governing Body to discuss amendments in guest charges and monthly subscriptions.
Date : 20th March 20XX
Time : 7 p.m.
Place : Gymkhana Club Complex, Coimbatore
Governing Body members are requested to stay for dinner.
Prabhat /Parvi Secretary
7. TENDER NOTICES
You are the Principal, Govt. Women’s Polytechnic Bhopal (M.P.). Draft a notice inviting tenders for supply of Engineering Books (Indian & Foreign) for the session 20XX-20XX.
GOVT. WOMEN’S POLYTECHNIC BHOPAL (M.P.) INDIA
NOTICE INVITING TENDERS
Sealed tenders (on tender forms available at ₹ 100 per form) are invited in duplicate for the supply of Engineering, Information Technology books from publishers/dealers of books on percentage discount on printed price. Approximate cost of books required is ten lacs. The tender along with a D.D. of ₹ 5,000 as earnest money should reach the undersigned by 14.00 hours on or before 21 Nov. 20XX.
Govt. Women’s Polytechnic
You are Rakesh Talwar. Your grandfather expired on 1st November 20XX. Write a notice for publication in newspaper giving information about CHAUTHA and UTHALA ceremony.
With profound grief, we regret to inform the untimely sad demise of our beloved
BALDEV KUMAR TALWAR
on Friday, 1st November 20XX
Chautha and Uthala will be held on Saturday, 2nd Nov, 20XX from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at L-19/14, DLF City, Phase-II, Gurgaon.
Prabha Talwar : Smt. Lila Tuli, Shri Raj Talwar, Rakesh & Indu Talwar,
Atul & Anju Talwar : Rahul & Kavita Trehan, Trilok & Kamlesh Rawal
Rohit & Abha Bhandari : Ashok Rawal
And all family members and well-wishers.
The workers of Alpha Batteries, Okhla, New Delhi and the Sehgal Family remember its founder Sh. Ramesh Sehgal on his third death anniversary. Write a suitable, obituary notice to be published in the ‘Unforgettables’ columns of The Hindustan Times, New Delhi.
In the Loving Memory of Ramesh Sehgal
We remember you and miss your presence. You were the source of inspiration, guidance and motivation—a truly remarkable leader to whom we owe the whole of our life and upward thrust.
Sehgal Family and Staff of Alpha Batteries, Okhla,
TEST YOUR SKILLS
- As chief librarian of Littlewood Library Centre, put up a notice informing members about the change in winter timings effective from 1st Oct. 20XX to 1st April 20XX. The timings have changed from 7.00 a.m. — 9.00 a.m. (mornings) and 6.00 p.m. — 8.00 p.m. (evenings) to 8.00 a.m.— 10.00 a.m. (mornings) and 5.00 p.m. — 7.00 p.m. (evenings).
- Centre for Environment is organising a workshop at Community Centre, Moti Bagh-II, New Delhi to create awareness about environmental concerns on 15th and 16th July, 20XX from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Put up a notice inviting interested young boys and girls to participate in the workshop.
- You are Abhinav/Anupama, Secretary of Anand Apartments Association, No. 16, Luz Church Road, Chennai-4. Draft a notice to be sent to all the members of your Association to attend an extraordinary meeting of the Governing Body to discuss the programme for the New Year’s Eve Celebration. (Word limit: 50 words)
- You are the Secretary of ABC Colony Welfare Association. Write a notice to be circulated to all the residents of the colony informing them that there will be no water supply in their colony on 24th and 25th August, 20XX due to maintenance work.
- Due to a sudden landslide and snowfall, St. David School, Kalimpong has been closed for a week. As the Principal of your school, draft a notice to be displayed at the main gate and also published in local newspapers.
- You are Anand Mohan, a social worker. You want to organise a cleanliness campaign in your locality. Write a notice in not more than 50 words to be displayed at suitable places in the locality inviting the citizens to participate in the campaign. Give details.
- of used answer books and 15 quintals of other waste papers.
- Khadi Gramodyog Bhavan, 24, Regal Building, Connaught Circus, New Delhi-110001 offers a special rebate on different varieties of khadi. Draft a notice in about 50 words to be printed in the ‘Sale’ columns of The Times of India.,
- You are Tushar Thapar. Your grandmother has expired. Draft a Rasam Kriya notice in about 50 words for publication in a national daily.
- You are Mohd. Hanif s/o P. Subramani resident of 226, Raghbir Nagar, E Block, New Delhi-27. Write a notice for a newspaper changing your name to S. Kalvi Karasan.
- You are Rakesh/Raveena, Head Boy/Head Girl of Oasis Public School, Bareilly. Draft a notice in not more than 50 words for the school notice board, asking the students to give their names for taking part in the inter-class swimming competition.
More Resources for CBSE Class 12: