- 1 Human Environment : Settlement, Transport and Communication NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Geography Chapter 7
Our team of subject expert teachers has prepared and reviewed the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Geography Chapter 7 Human Environment : Settlement, Transport and Communication are given here will help you to prepare well and score good numbers in exams.
Human Environment : Settlement, Transport and Communication NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Geography Chapter 7
Class 7 Geography Chapter 7 Human Environment : Settlement, Transport and Communication InText Questions and Answers
Text Book Page No. 49
Where do you find dwellings made of ice? Who makes them and what are they called?
Dwellings made of ice are found in polar regions. Eskimos make them and they are called igloos.
Text Book Page No. 49
Things To Do
List the different modes of transport used by the students of your class while coming to school.
Transport used by the students of our class while coming to school :
- School bus
Text Book Page No. 52
Find out the names of some newspapers and TV news channels in English, Hindi and a regional language.
English Newspapers :
- The Times of India
- Hindustan Times
- The Hindu
- The Economic
Times Hindi Newspapers :
- Garnik Jagran
- Punjab Kesri
- Navbharat Times
English News Channels :
- Times Now
- Headlines Today
Hindi News Channels :
- Aaj Tak
- Delhi Aaj Tak
- Total T.V.
- Zee News
Regional Language Channels :
- Vijay (Telugu)
- Surya (Malyalam)
- MH1 (Punjabi)
- ETC Punjabi (Punjabi)
- DD Bangla (Bengali)
Class 7 Geography Chapter 7 Human Environment – Settlement, Transport and Communication Exercise Questions and Answers
Answer the following questions briefly:
What are the four means of transport?
What do you understand by the term ‘settlement’?
The term ‘settlement’ refers to a place where people build their homes to live.
Which are the activities practiced by the rural people?
- Shifting cultivation
Mention any two merits of railways.
- Railways carry people over long distances quickly and cheaply.
- They also carry heavy goods or raw materials in bulk, transported from mines to industrial areas and from there to the market or ports.
What do you understand by communication?
Communication is a process by which we convey our messages to others.
What is mass media?
Newspapers, radio, and television are called mass media because we can communicate with a large number of people through them.
Tick the correct answer:
(1) Which is NOT a means of communication?
(2) Which type of road is constructed under the ground?
(3) Which mode of transport is most suitable to reach an island?
(4) Which vehicle does not pollute the environment?
Match the following :
|Internet||Areas where people are engaged in manufacturing trade and services|
|Canal route||Closely built area of houses|
|Urban areas||Inland waterway|
|Compact||A means of communication settlement|
|Internet||A means of communication settlement|
|Canal route||Inland waterway|
|Urban areas||Areas where people are engaged in manufacturing trade and services|
|Compact||Closely built area of houses|
Today’s world is shrinking.
Modern technology has traped the whole world in its fist. With the advancement of communication and information technology, the world has contracted. We can get the news of a far-off land just with a blink of our eyes. England or America or even Moon or Mars are not now far from us. Newspapers, radio, and television have brought a revolution in communication. The satellites have made them even faster. Wireless telephonic communications through cellular phones have become more popular today. The use of the internet has made everything available on our plates. So, it is not exaggerating to say that today’s world is shrinking.
Conduct a survey in your locality and find out how people commute to their respective workplaces using
- More than two modes of transport
- More than three modes of transport
- Stays within walking distance
Students do themselves
Mention which mode of communication you will prefer most in the following situations :
(1) Your grandfather has suddenly fallen ill. How will you inform the doctor?
(2) Your mother wants to sell the old house. How will she spread this news?
(3) You are going to attend the marriage of your cousin for which you will be absent from the school for the next two day. How will you inform the teacher?
(4) Your friend has moved with his/ her family to New York. How will you keep in touch on a daily basis?