NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 7 are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook. Here we have given CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 7.
CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 7
Edit the following magazine article about youth in sport:
The Great National Sports Talent Search (a) consist of workshops and tournaments arranged in (b) any different parts of (c) a country. The talent scouts’ aim (d) are to look out for local talent in the age range of eight to eighteen years. Thus, it would be far (e) wise if young sportswomen and men (f) were help so that they have plenty of time to develop their talent. Sports academies normally only (g) having students whose talents (h) is already recognized. If India does not invest in sports it can not hope to perform well at the International level.
- is consisted
- has consisted
- has been
- as wise as
- too wise
- were helped
- were being helped
- are helped
- are having
- has been
- are being
- have been
(a) (2) consists
(b) (4) many
(d) (1) is
(e) (4) too wise
(f) (3) are helped
(g) (3) have
(h) (4) have been
Below is a description of Geothermal Energy. Complete the passage by filling in the gaps choosing the correct option from the given options. The first one has been done for you:
In volcanic areas, underground water (a) ___can___ often rise to a temperature of 200° C. Nowadays, wells (b)_____________drilled to extract the steam which is used to drive turbines. This is (c)_________ of the world’s fastest growing sources of energy, (d)_________ the water is heated by enormous reservoirs of cooling rock several kilometres across, geothermal steam is (e)___________ to be a renewable energy resource. Even in non-volcanic areas, underground water can (f)________ heated by natural radioactivity. In this case, (g)_________ , it is necessary to drill deeper before the water is as hot as 200° C.This method (h)__________ used for heating homes in certain areas for many years and is cheap, clean and efficient.
- has been
(a) (2) can
(b) (3) are
(c) (3) one
(d) (2) While
(e) (2) said
(f) (1) be
(g) (4) therefore
(h) (4) has been
More Resources for CBSE Class 9
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Maths
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Social Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 English
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Hindi
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Sanskrit
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 IT
- RD Sharma Class 9 Solutions
Study the following sentences. Select the one underlined word which is incorrect. Write the incorrect word in the boxes provided. One has been done as an example:
Rearrange the following words and phrases to form meaningful sentences. The first one has been done for you as an example:
was / about twenty / childhood / delight / years ago.
Childhood was a delight about twenty years ago.
- the leisure hours/of a child/ of the TV / today / are spent / in front
- of most / nowadays / the attitude / parents is / different
- work and play/different things/they see/as/two
- playing / feel / is a / waste of / they / time / that
- The leisure hours of a child today are spent in front of the TV.
- Nowadays the attitude of most parents is different.
- They see work and play as two different things.
- They feel that playing is a waste of time.