GSEB Solutions for Class 7 Science and Technology – Constitutes of Diet (English Medium)
|S.No.||Name of the eatable substance||Colour change due to iodine solution|
|Names of seeds which leave oil marks on paper after rubbing them on paper.||Names of seeds which do not leave oil marks on paper after rubbing them on paper.|
|Groundnut seeds||Green gram (moong) seeds|
|Castor seeds||Sesame (Til) seeds|
|Seeds show colour change (change to purple colour)||Seeds do not show colour change(do not change into purple colour)|
|Field bean seeds||Field bean seeds|
|Pea seeds||Gram seeds|
|Pearl millet seeds||Green gram|
|Maize seeds||Wheat seeds|
|Seeds of lady finger|
- Water helps in maintaining the balance of body fluids.
- Water helps control our body diet.
- It also helps in proper digestion.
- Water helps skin look good.
- Water helps maintain normal bowel function.
- Dehydration occurs without proper intake of water.
- Without water, proper digestion cannot take place.
- There will not be proper metabolism of the body without water.
|Slice of bread||Rice||Chapati/Roti/Rice|
|Boiled egg||Vegetable curry/ Fish/ Meat curry||Milk|
|Milk||Salads (Cucumber, Tomatoes, Carrot)|
Yes, the above mentioned food items consist of a balanced diet. A balanced diet contains all the classes of food in adequate proportions which supply the required energy for the body and maintain proper growth and functioning of the body.
The food included contains carbohydrates, fats, minerals and vitamins.