NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 3 are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook. Here we have given CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 3.
CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 3
Look at the notes below. Then use the information to complete the paragraph by choosing a suitable word or phrase in each space. Do not add any new information. The first one has been done for you as an example:
Visitors to these Pacific Islands—leave—unstamp—mail
them—return home—picture postcards—show up—since
1960s—self-perpetuating post office probably set up—to
get news from their family, friends—tradition persisted—
times— weather-worn plaques remain.
Tradition has it that visitors to these Pacific Islands (a) leave unstamped, addressed postcards and letters in a barrel at Post Office Bay, to await pick up by other tourists who affix postage and (b)_________ when they return home. Picture post-cards (c)________ in the barrel since the late 1960s, when tourists began visiting the Galapagos Islands. The self-perpetuating post office (d)_________ by whalers in the late 1790s as a way to get news to and from friends and family. The tradition persisted even after a post office (e)__________ on the island of Floreana in the 1950s. The barrel (f)__________many times, but weather-worn plaques, where sailors long ago and from far away carved their names, remain.
- leaving stamped
- leaves unstamped
- leave unstamped
- left unstamped
- mail them
- mails them
- mailed this
- mailing this
- shown up
- shown up
- are show up
- have shown up
- is setting up
- was set up
- is set up
- has been set up
- is established
- is being established
- was established
- has been established
- has been replaced
- is replaced
- was replaced
(b) (1) mail them
(c) (4) have shown up
(d) (2) was set up
(e) (3) was established
(f) (2) has been replaced
More Resources for CBSE Class 9
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Maths
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Social Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 English
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Hindi
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Sanskrit
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 IT
- RD Sharma Class 9 Solutions
Rearrange the following to form meaningful sentences. The first one has been done as an example. Write the answers against the correct numbers:
Put into / as the / at low / baby can / he is / as soon / water / toddle / tide
As soon as the baby can toddle he is put into water at low tide.
- water / the baby / in the/ there / plays/ sits and
- long enough / the mother / him/ does not / to worry / there / leave him
- older / at low tide / as / wade about / allowed to / he is / he grows
- look out / water / keep a / into deep / sharp / does not stray / so that he/ his elders
- permitted to / from which / judgment / he may / make small mistakes / he is / learn to make better
- are given / to swim / small canoes / the children / they / own / are able/ on their / when
- The baby sits and plays there in the water.
- The mother does not leave him there long enough to worry him.
- As he grows older, he is allowed to wade about at low tide.
- His elders keep a sharp look out so that he does not stray into deep water.
- He is permitted to make small mistakes from which he may learn to make better judgement.
- The children are given small canoes when they are able to swim of their own.
Study the following sentences. Select one underlined word which is incorrect. Write the incorrect word in the box below, as shown in the example:
e.g. Sarawak is a beautiful place which lies almost on an Equator and is rich in natural resources.
- It has an Equatorial climate that mean it is hot with heavy rains almost every afternoon. …
- Heavy clouds prevent the sun from heating the ground too intense….
- In an interior of Sarawak, there are huge reserves of hardwood timber….
- Sarawak is also an oil product….
- Great efforts are been made to conserve these…
Ganesh comes to visit Vikram and finds the house locked. He leaves a note. It is raining, the note gets wet and some words are washed off. Complete the note by filling in the missing words by choosing the correct option given below:
Dear Ram, .
I am so sorry to have missed you. I came to Udaipur on (a)________ business trip and I have been here (b)_________ two weeks now. Your neighbours told me (c)________sad news that your father (d)___________been hospitalized. I wish I (e)___________see him but unfortunately I (f)__________leaving for Madras today on (g)________ 4 o’clock plane. Please send your father my best wishes. Anyway, I (h)________ be in Udaipur again on 3rd and 4th June and I (i)_______ certainly find time to call on you again, even though it (j)________ going to be a hectic schedule.
- ought to
(a) (3) a
(b) (3) for
(c) (1) the
(d) (3) has
(e) (1) could
(f) (1) am
(g) (3) the
(h) (2) will
(i) (2) will
(j) (4) is
We hope the given NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 3 will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 3, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.