NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 5 are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook. Here we have given CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 5.
CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 5
Look at the notes below. Then use the information to complete the paragraph by choosing a suitable word or phrase in each space:
Bishnois have (a)____________________ .In 1730 A.D. Maharaja Abhay Singh’s
(b)___________________________ fell Khajri trees. Amrita Devi, a true Bishnoi,
(c) __________________ and expressed
(d)___________________________ . She insisted that if they wanted to cut the tree
(e)_____________ The unrelenting men of the Maharaja obliged her and the
- always been regarded as nature worshippers
- always been called as nature worshippers
- always knew nature worshippers
- always done nature worshippers
- men coming to
- men started
- men began to
- men came to
- hug a tree
- hugging a tree
- hugged a tree
- hugs a tree
- his protest
- her protest
- their protest
- they may cut her head first
- they would have to cut her head first
- they can cut her head first
- they should cut her head first
- woman became a legend
- woman becomes a legend
- women became a legend
- woman read a legend
(a) (1) always been regarded as nature worshippers
(b) (3)men began to
(c) (3)hugged a tree
(d) (2)her protest
(e) (2) they would have to cut her head first
(f ) (1) woman became a legend
Rearrange the jumbled words to form meaningful sentences.
- at developing / there have been / a modem/ many attempts / snowboard
- was developed / a child’s toy / in 1965 / the ‘Snurfer’ / as
- and a rope / at the / two skiis / were bound/ was placed / front end / together
- declared / snowboarding / in 1994 / was / event / an Olympic
- across the globe / is a / this recognition / huge victory / snowboarders / to the
- There have been many attempts at developing a modem snowboard.
- In 1965 the ‘Snurfer’ was developed as a child’s toy.
- Two skis were bound together and a rope was placed at the front end.
- In 1994 snowboarding was declared an Olympic event.
- This recognition is a huge victory to the snowboarders across the globe.
More Resources for CBSE Class 9
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Maths
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Social Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 English
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Hindi
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Sanskrit
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 IT
- RD Sharma Class 9 Solutions
Choose the right word from the options given below and fill in the blanks:
(a) The weekly forecast says that I_________an old friend this week.
(b) I have to catch the 5.00 a.m. train tomorrow. So, I____________ go to bed late tonight.
(c) The casualties___________ to a nearby hospital.
(d) The majority of the news______________about violence.
- will meet
- am meeting
- ought to meet
- have to
- was taken
- were taken
(a) (1) will meet
(b) (4) mustn’t
(c) (2) were taken
(d) (2) is
Each sentence has four words underlined. Select the one underlined word that is incorrect and write it in the box as shown:
We hope the given NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 5 will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 5, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.