NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 6 are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook. Here we have given CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 6.
CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 6
Read the following sentences. Each sentence has four words underlined. Select one underlined word that is incorrect and write it in the space provided. The first one has been done as an example:
Choose the right word from the options given below and fill in the blank:
(a) He______________ breakfast yesterday.
(b) There______________orange juice in the refrigerator.
(c) My room can’t be dirty, I ______________it.
(d) Sneha wrote the programme_________ ; she didn’t need anybody’s help.
(e) If you had come to the theatre last night you______________the play.
- not had
- didn’t had
- didn’t have
- aren’t any
- is no any
- wasn’t none
- isn’t any
- just clean
- is just cleaned
- has just clean
- have just cleaned
- on her own
- on herself
- by himself
- by her own.
- would enjoy
- had enjoyed
- would have enjoyed
- must have enjoyed
(a) (3) didn’t have
(b) (4) isn’t any
(c) (4) have just cleaned
(d) (1) on her own
(e) (3) would have enjoyed
More Resources for CBSE Class 9
- NCERT Solutions
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Maths
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Social Science
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 English
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Hindi
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 Sanskrit
- NCERT Solutions Class 9 IT
- RD Sharma Class 9 Solutions
Rearrange the jumbled words to form meaningful sentences. Rewrite the sentences using appropriate punctuation marks:
- in 2004 / the Nobel Peace prize / Dr. Wangari Maathai / was awarded
- towards sustainable development / the award / was in / her service /
- Nairobi’s Uhuni Park / in 1989 / saved / single-handedly / she
- which is an NGO / she is / the Green Belt Movement / the founder of
- at the grassroots / environmental issues / the Green Belt Movement /
works / on various/ level
- has earned / Dr. Wangari Maathai / “Tree Mother of Africa” / the title
- Dr. Wangari Maathai was awarded the Nobel Peace prize in 2004.
- The award was in recognition of her service towards sustainable development.
- In 1989 she saved Nairobi’s Uhuni Park single-handedly.
- She is the founder of the Green Belt Movement which is an NGO.
- The Green Belt Movement works on various environmental issues at the grassroots level.
- Wangari Maathai has earned the title “Tree Mother of Africa”.
Look at the notes given below and complete the paragraph that follows by choosing the correct option from the choices given:
Kamala Das also (a)_______________ is (b)_______________She (c)_____________ ‘My Story’ when she was 42 years old. Her autobiography (d)________________ into many foreign languages.
- called as Kamala Suraiyya
- known by Kamala Suraiyya
- known as Kamala Suraiyya
- said as Kamala Suraiyya
- famous Indian writer
- a famous Indian writer
- the famous Indian writer
- famous as an Indian writer
- published her autobiography titled
- published an autobiography titled
- published an autobiography as
- published an autobiography as
- is being translated
- will be translated
- have been translated
- has been translated
(a) (3) known as Kamala Suraiyya
(b) (2) a famous Indian writer
(c) (1) published her autobiography titled
(d) (4) has been translated.
We hope the given NCERT Solutions for Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 6 will help you. If you have any query regarding CBSE Class 9 English Workbook Integrated Grammar Practice 6, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.