NEET Biology Chapter Wise Mock Test – Animal Kingdom
1. The groups of animals, which have radial symmetry are
(a) Coelenterata, Mollusca, Annelida
(b) Ctenophora, Arthropoda, Echinodermata
(c) Coelenterata, Ctenophora, Echinodermata
(d) Echinodermata, Hemichordata, Chordata
2. Which of the following is not correct?
(a) Sponges have tissue level of organisation
(b) Organ level of organisation is found in platyhelminthes
(c) In annelids, arthropods, molluscs, echinoderms and chordates organ system level of organisation is found
(d) Coelenterates, ctenophores and echinoderms have radial symmetry
3. Biradial symmetry and lack of cnidoblasts are thecharacteristics of
(a) Starfish and sea anemone
(b) Ctenoplana and Beroe
(c) Aurelia and Paramecium
(d) Hydra and starfish
4. Schizocoelomates and enterocoelomates are
(b) true coelomates
(d) echinoderms only
5. Incomplete digestive system is found in
(a) Porifera, Coelenterata and Ctenophora
(b) Coelenterata, Ctenophora and Platyhelminthes
(c) Aschelminthes, Annelida and Arthropoda
(d) Annelida, Mollusca and Chordata
6. Canal system in Porifera is not concerned with
(c) sexual reproduction
(d)None of these
7. The previous marriage gift in Japan is
8. Precious red coral is/coral used in ornament is
9. Asexual reproduction in Hydra occurs in
10. Radial symmetry occurs in
11. The animal having notochord throughout life is
12. Acoelomate, triploblastic body with bilateral symmetry is characteristic of
(c) segmented worm
13. In contrast to annelids, the Platyhelminthes show
(a) radial symmetry
(b) presence of pseudocoel
(c) bilateral symmetry
(d) the absence of body cavity
14. The excretory structure of flatworm/Taenia are
(a) flame cells
(c) Malpighian tubules
(d) green glands
15. Which is not a characteristic of Taenia?
16. Elephantiasis is caused by a member of
17. What is true about Nereis, scorpion, cockroach and silver fish?
(a) They all have jointed paired appendages
(b) They all possess dorsal heart
(c) None of them is aquatic
(d) They all belong to the same phylum
18. Metameric segmentation is the characteristic of
(a) Platyhelminthes and Arthropoda
(b) Echinodermata and Annelida
(c) Annelida and Arthropoda
(d) Mollusca and Chordata
19. The arthropod, which is known as living fossil is
(a) Bombyx (silkworm)
(b) Locusta (locust)
(c) Limulus (king crab)
(d) Apis (honeybee)
20. What is common among silver fish, scorpion, crab and honeybee?
(a) Compound eyes
(b) Poison glands
(c) Jointed appendages
21. Which set includes pathogenic arthropods?
(a) Tse-tse fly, mosquito, flea plague
(b) Crab, Culex, spider
(c) Anopheles, Culex, Cray fish
(d) Silver fish, house fly, sandfly
22. From the following statements select the wrong one
(a) millepedes have two pairs of appendages in each segment of the body
(b) prawn has two pairs of antennae
(c) animals belonging to phylum-Porifera are exclusively marine
(d) nematocysts are characteristic of the phylum-Cnidaria
23. Insects have
(a) 2 pairs of legs
(b) 3 pairs of legs
(c) 4 pairs of legs
(d) 1 pair of legs
24. The adhesive pads (soft-pads) present in legs of cockroach are
25. Which one of the following features is common in silver fish, scorpion, dragonfly and prawn?
(a) Three pairs of legs and segmented body
(b) Chitinous cuticle and two pairs of antennae
(c) Jointed appendages and chitinous exoskeleton
(d) Cephalothorax and tracheae
26. Which one feature is common to leech, cockroach and scorpion?
(b) Ventral nerve cord
27. Which of the following is not a characteristic feature of all the chordates?
(a) The presence of coelom
(b) Pharyngeal gill clefts in the early embryonic stages
(c) A diaphragm that separates thorax from abdomen
(d) Dorsal nerve cord
28. At retrogressive metamorphosis, the urochordate larva
(a) loss notochord
(b) loss tail
(c) experience reduction of nervous system to a visceral ganglion .
(d) All of the above
29. Ink gland occurs in
30. Deuterostomate and enterocoelomate invertebrate is
31. Acorn worms are included in
32. Larva of Balanoglossus is
(a) Muller’s larva
(c) tornaria larva
(d) kentrogen larva
33. Osphradium is meant for
(c) grinding of food
(d) selection and rejection of food
34. Heart to pump blood evolved for the first time in
35. Illicium is modified
(a) dorsal fin
(b) first dorsal spine
(d) caudal fin
36. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Physaiia — Portugese man of war
(b) Pennatuia — Sea anemone
(c) Gorgonia — Sea fan
(d) Meandrina — Brain coral
37. Two common characters found in centipede, cockroach and crab are
(a) compound eyes and anal cerci
(b) jointed legs and chitinous exoskeleton
(c) green gland and tracheae
(d) book lungs and antennae
38. Which one of the following sets of animals share a four-chambered heart?
(a) Amphibian, reptiles, birds
(b) Crocodiles, birds, mammals
(c) Crocodiles, lizards, turtles
(d) Lizards, mammals, birds
39. Which one of the following is a matching set of a phylum and its three examples?
(a) Cnidaria — Bonellia, Physaiia and Aurelia
(b) Platyhelminthes — Ptanaria, Schistosoma and Enterobius
(c) Mollusca — Loligo, Teredo and Octopus
(d) Porifera — Spongilla, Euplectella and Pennatuia
40. Which one of the following is a matching pair of a body feature and the animal possessing it?
(a) Post-anal tail — Octopus
(b) Ventral central nervous system — Leech
(c) Pharyngeal gill slits absent in embryo — Chaemeleon
(d) Ventral heart — Scorpion
41. The animal with bilateral symmetry in young stage and radial pentamerous symmetry in the adult stage belongs to the phylum
42. In Arthropoda, head and thorax are often fused to form cephalothorax but, in which, one of the following classes, is the body divided into head, thorax and abdomen?
(d) Arachnida and Crustacea
43.One of the following is a very unique feature of themammalian body
(b) the presence of diaphragm
(c) four-chambered heart
(d) rib cage
44. Urinary bladder is absent in
45. Limbless amphibians belong to the order
46. Adaptation to colour vision occurs in
(d) All of these
47. Pneumatic bones, four-chambered heart and feathers occur in
48. What is common in whale, bat and rat?
(a) The absence of neck
(b) Muscular diaphragm between thorax and abdomen
(c) Extra-abdominal testes to avoid high temperature of body
(d) The presence of external ears
49. Which of the following pairs of animals has non-glandular skin?
(a) Snake and frog
(b) Chaemeleon and turtle
(c) Frog and pigeon
(d) Crocodile and tiger
50. Order-Primata contains
(a) shrew and hedgehog
(b) bats and vampires
(c) monkey and man
(d) horse and zebra
51. Ostrich have one urinary bladder, whereas all other birds have
(a) two urinary bladders
(b) no urinary bladders
(c) one pair of urinary bladders
(d) two pairs of urinary bladders
52.Generally, reptiles have 3 1/2 chambered heart except
(a) crocodile, which have four-chambered heart
(b) alligator, which have four-chambered heart
(c) crocodile, which have threerchambered heart
(d) Both (a) and (b)
53. Salamanders (amphibians), unlike other canreproduce in their larval stages and show neoteny and paedogenesis. Which of the following is an example of neoteny?
(a) Axolotl larva of Ambystama
(b) Larva of whale
(c) Larva of rohu
(d) None of the above
54. Which of the following is not correctly matched?
(a) Acoelomates — Platyhelminthes
(b) Acoelomates — Molluscs
(c) Pseudocoelomates — Aschelminthes
(d) Coelomates — Arthropods
55. Which one of the following animals is correctly matched with its one characteristic and the taxon?Animal Characteristic Taxon
(a) Millipede Ventral nerve cord Arachnida
(b) Duck-billedplatypus Oviparous Mammalian
(c) Silver fish Pectoral and pelvic fins Chordate
(d) Sea anemone Triploblastic Cnidaria
Direction (Q. NOS. 56-61) In each of the following questions a statement of Assertion is given followed by a corresponding statement of Reason just below it. Of the statements, mark the correct answer as
(a) lf both Assertion and Reason are true and Reason is thecorrect explanation of Assertion.
(b) If both Assertion and Reason are true, but Reason is not correct explanation of Assertion.
(c) lf Assertion is true, but Reason is false.
(d) If both Assertion ‘and Reason are false.
56. Assertion Birds were called glorified reptiles byHuxley.
Reason They are originated from reptiles.
57. Assertion Group-Amniota comprises three classes ofvertebrates, i.e. reptiles, birds and mammals.
Reason All of these contain a special membranecalled amnion.
58. Assertion Water-vascular system is present in echinoderms.
Reason Peculiar tube feet develop for locomotion in echinoderms.
59. Assertion Animals without notochord are called invertebrates.
Reason In vertebrates, notochord is replaced by cranium and vertebral column.
60. Assertion Chordates have a pair of kidneys.
Reason Non-chordates have also kidneys.
61. Assertion Class-mammalia is a most advanced group of non-chordates.
Reason They do not have vertebral column.
62. Match the following columns.
Column I Column II
A. Heterodont 1. Without tails
B. Gorilla 2. Bos indicus
C. Apes 3. With tails
D. Cow 4. Mammalia
(a) 3 1 5 2 (b) 4 3 2 1
(c) 3 2 1 4 (d) 1 2 3 4
63.Match the following columns.
Column 1 Column II
A. Nematocyst 1. Acoelomate
B. Platyhelminthes 2. Moulting process
C. Annelida 3. Coelenterata
D. Ecdysis 4. Excretion
5. Metameric segmentation
(a) 3 1 5 2 (b) 4 3 2 1
(c) 3 2 1 4 (d) 1 2 3 4
64.Which of the following pairs are correctly matched?
Animals Morphological features
I. Crocodile — Four-chambered heart
II. Sea urchin — Parapodia
III. Obelia — Metagenesis
IV. Lemur — Thecodont
(a) I, III and IV (c) I and IV
(b) II, III and IV (d) I and II
65. Why cockroach blood does not contain respiratory pigment?
I. It does not respire.
II. It respires anaerobically.
III. Oxygen passes to all the tissues through diffusion.
IV. Oxygen reaches tissue through tracheoles.
Choose the correct options.
(a) Only I
(b) III and IV
(c) Only IV
(d) Only II
66. Which of the following statements are true/false?
I. In higher phyla cellular level of organisation is seen.
II. Phylum-Platyhelminthes have cellular level oforganisation.
III. Cellular level of organisation is seen when the cells are not arranged as loose cell aggregates.
IV. Molluscs exhibit tissue level of organisation. Choose the correct option of the following.
(a) I and II are true, but III and IV are false
(b) III and IV are true, but I and II are false
(c) All statements are true
(d) All statements are false
A B C D
(a) 1 2 3 4
(b) 4 5 1 2
(c) 5 4 2 1
(d) 2 3 1 5
67. Match the following columns.
Column I Column II
A. Ancylostoma 1. Hookworm
B. Wuchereria 2. Filarial worm
C. Ascaris 3. Roundworm
D. Fasciola 4. Liver fluke
ABC D A B
(a) 1 4 3 5 (b) 2 5
(c) 4 1 5 3 (d) 1 2
68. Match the following columns.
69. Which of the following characteristics is mainly responsible for diversification of insects on land?
(b) Bilateral symmetry
70. Which of the following endoparasites of humans doesshow viviparity?
(a) Ancylostoma duodenale
(b) Enterobius vermicularis
(c) Trichinella spiralis
(d) Ascaris lumbricoides
71. Which of the following represents the correct combination without any exception?
72. Which of the following animals is not viviparous?
(a) Flying fox (bat)
73. The body of rohu fish is covered by
(a) cycloid scale, but the tail of homoceral
(b) placoid scale, but the tail of heteroceral
(c) cycloid scale, but the tail of heteroceral
(d) placoid scale, but the tail is homoceral
74. Larva of Balanoglossus is
75. Aphrodite, commonly called as sea mouse belongs tophylum
76. What is not a common feature is Periplaneta andScorpions?
(a) Excretory organs are Malpighian tubules
(b) No appendages in abdomen
(c) Respiratory organs are trachea
(d) Both are mostly terrestrial arthropods
77. Which one of the following correctly discribes the location of some body parts in the earthworm (Pheretimaf) ?
(a) Four pairs of spermathecae in 4-7 segments
(b) One pair of ovaries attached at inter-segmental septum of 14th and 15th segments
(c) Two pairs of testes in 10th and 11th segments
(d) Two pairs of accessory glands in 16-18th segments
78. Select the taxon mentioned that represents both marine and freshwater species
79. Planaria possess high capacity of
(c) alternation of generation
80. A marine cartilaginous fish that can produce electric current is
81. One of the representative of phylum-Arthropoda is
(a) cuttle fish
(b) silver fish
(c) puffer fish
(d) flying fish
82. Match the name of the animal (column I) with one
characteristic (column II) and the phylum/class (column III) to which it belongs.
83. Which group of animals belong to the same phylum?
(a) Earthworm, pinworm, tapeworm
(b) Prawn, scorpion, laocysta
(c) Sponge, sea anemone, starfish
(d) Malarial parasite, Amoeba, mosquito
84. Pharatema and it’s close relatives derive nourishment from
(a) soil insects
(b) small pieces of fresh fallen leaves of maize, etc 4
(c) sugarcane roots
(d) decaying fallen leaves and soil organic matter
85. Which one of the following have the highest number ofspecies in nature?
86.Which of the following animals is correctly its particular named taxonomic Mollusca, a class
(a) Cuttlefish— Primata, the family
(b) Humans— Musca, an order
(c) Housefly— Tigris, the species
87. Hydra can paralyse prey by
(d) None of the above
88. Chloragogen cells of earthworm are similar to …vertebrate organ.
89. Coelom in Echinodermata is
90. Isinglass is prepared from
91. One of the following is a connecting link betweenprotozoans and poriferans
92. The chordate features shared by the non-chordatesare
(a) bilateral symmetry
(b) triploblastic condition and bilateral symmetry
(d) All of the above
93. Which one of the following kinds of animals are triploblastic?
94. Which one of the following statements about certaingiven animals is correct?
(a) Roundworms (Aschelminthes) are pseudocoelomates
(b) Molluscs are acoelomates
(c) Insects are pseudocoelomates
(d) Flatworms (Platyhelminthes) are coelomates
95. Connecting link between Annelida and Mollusca
(b) Neopilina .