In this article, we are providing Fire and Ice Extra Questions and Answers PDF Class 10 English First Flight CBSE, Extra Questions for Class 10 English First Flight was designed by subject expert teachers.
Fire and Ice Extra Questions and Answers Class 10 English First Flight
Some say the world will end in fire Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire I hold with those who favour fire.
1. (a) How do the people think of the world ? (1×4=4)
(b)The poet’s opinion is that the world ………… .
(c)’D esire’ here means …….. .
(d)Who is the poet of this poem ?
2. (a) The fire signifies
(b)The rhyme scheme of the passage is …….. .
(a)By ‘Fire’ the poet means ……. .
(b)By ‘ice’ the poet means ……… .
(a) The people of the world think that the world will end in fire or ice.
(b) will end in fire,
(c) endless greed.
2. (a) greed, desire, avarice.
(b) The rhyme scheme is ab, aa.
3. (a)By ‘fire’ the poet means ‘desire’, greed, avarice.
(b)By’ ice’ the poet means ‘indifference’, hatred, rigidity.
But if it had to perish twice (1×4=4)
I think I know enough of hate To say that for destruction ice Is also great
1. (a) Who has composed the above lines ?
(b) ccording to the poet ‘ice’ symbolizes
(c) What does the word ‘perish’ mean in the above lines
(d) What does the poet think ?
2. (a) Who knows enough of hate ?
(b) What is great for destruction ?
(c) What is the rhyme scheme in this stanza ?
(d) What does the poet think enough of ?
1. (a) Robert Frost has composed the above lines.
(b) According to the poet ‘ice’ symbolizes hatred, coldness and rigidity.
(c) The word ‘perish’ means ‘cease to exist’ or die.
(d) The poet thinks of hate.
2. (a) The poet knows enough of hate.
(b) ‘ Ice’ is great for destruction.
(c) The rhyme scheme of this stanza is abab.
(d) The poet thinks enough of ‘hate’.
Short Answer Type Question (30-40 words & 2 marks each)
What does ‘fire’ and ‘ice’ stand for and what is the general opinion regarding the world ? [Board Term-I, 2016-17, Set 4G1ZMWA]
Fire stands for fury hatred, anger, cruelty; ice is symbolic of insensitivity coldness and intoIerance-General opinion-some say ice, while others say fire will destroy the world. [CBSE Marking Scheme, 2016]
Fire stands for fury, desire, lust, anger, avarice, cruelty and grood. Ice is symbolic of hatred, Coldness, rigidity, insensitivity and intolerance. The general opinion regarding the world is that the world will end in fire and some say ice. Both the two reasons contrast each other and one equally opposite to each other. People who favour fire believe that it will be the heat and passion which will end the world. On the other side some people think that it will be the ice which will freeze the world.
Long Answer Type Question (8 marks each)
What deep meaning does the poem ‘Fire and Ice’ carry in it ?
The Poet has compared Frost to the dark side of humanity i.e., hatredness and lust. According to the poet lust is a greater evil. Desire or lust is the cause of war. Hatredness is also harmful. So the poem ‘Fire and Ice’ represents that the two evils hated and lust lead to the destruction of the world.
For More Resources
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English First Flight Chapter Wise Question Bank
- CBSE Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet Chapter Wise Question Bank
- CBSE Class 10 English First Flight Extra Questions
- CBSE Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet Extra Questions
- CBSE Revision Notes for Class 10 English First Flight
- CBSE Revision Notes for Class 10 English Footprints Without Feet