NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones are part of NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science. Here we have given NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones.
|Chapter Name||Winds, Storms and Cyclones|
|Number of Questions Solved||9|
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones
Fill the missing word in the blank spaces in the following statements :
- Wind is ……….. air.
- Winds are generated due to ……….. heating on the earth.
- Near the earth’s surface ……….. air rises up whereas ……….. air comes down.
- Air moves from a region of ……….. pressure to a region of ……….. pressure.
- hot, cool
- high, low
Suggest two methods to find out wind direction at a given place.
- By watching the direction of movement of a dry leaf released in air.
- By using wind-vane which helps us to know accurate wind direction.
State two experiences that made you think that air exerts pressure (other than those given the text).
- Blowing air in a balloon makes it expand.
- Blowing air can move curtains of doors and windows here and there.
You want to buy a house. Would you like to buy a house having windows but no ventilator? Explain your answer.
No, a house which has no ventilators is not a safe or healthy house to live in. The air circulation is not present in such a house. So, it has no fresh air. Because warm air rises up and goes out through ventilators and fresh air comes in through windows.
Explain why holes are made in hanging banners and hoardings.
Air exerts pressure. Due to this pressure, banners and hoarding flutter and tom when wind is blowing fast. Holes are made in banners and hoardings so that wind passes through the holes and they do not become loose and fall down.
How will you help your neighbours in case cyclone approaches your village/town?
I will help by following ways :
- Warning everyone about the coming danger.
- Searching for shelter.
- Keeping storage of water and food.
- Setting up first aid facility.
What planning is required in advance to deal with the situation created by a cyclone?
- Setting up cyclone warning system.
- Construction of cyclone shelters in the cylone prone areas.
- Keeping storage of food and water in the cydone prone areas.
- Setting up first aid facility.
Which one of the following place is unlikely to be affected by a cyclone?
- Mangaluru (Mangalore)
3. Amritsar because it is far away from the coastal area.
Which of the statements given below is correct?
- In winter the winds flow from the land to the ocean.
- In summer the winds flow from the land towards the ocean.
- A cyclone is formed by a very high-pressure system with very high-speed winds revolving around it.
- The coastline of India is not vulnerable to cyclones.
1. In winter the winds flow from the land to the ocean.
- Chapter 1 Nutrition in Plants
- Chapter 2 Nutrition in Animals
- Chapter 3 Fibre to Fabric
- Chapter 4 Heat
- Chapter 5 Acids, Bases and Salts
- Chapter 6 Physical and Chemical Changes
- Chapter 7 Weather, Climate and Adaptations of Animals to Climate
- Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones
- Chapter 9 Soil
- Chapter 10 Respiration in Organisms
- Chapter 11 Transportation in Animals and Plants
- Chapter 12 Reproduction in Plants
- Chapter 13 Motion and Time
- Chapter 14 Electric Current and its Effects
- Chapter 15 Light
- Chapter 16 Water A Precious Resource
- Chapter 17 Forests: Our Lifeline
- Chapter 18 Wastewater Story
We hope the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones help you. If you have any query regarding NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Science Chapter 8 Winds, Storms and Cyclones, drop a comment below and we will get back to you at the earliest.