Click here to get access to the best NCERT Solutions for Class 12 English. Go through this Poster Writing Class 12 Format, Examples to learn English.
Poster Writing Class 12 CBSE Format, Examples, Samples, Topics
WHAT IS A POSTER?
Posters are placards displayed in a public place announcing or advertising something. Posters are notices, advertisements and invitations—all in one.
PURPOSE OF POSTERS
The purpose of designing a poster is either to create social awareness about issues related to current problems and needs, or to advertise or even to extend public invitations and display notices.
Posters should be colourful, attractive and tempting.
- They must be drafted carefully to attract the attention of the readers, excite their imagination and influence their minds.
- Posters are read from a distance. Do not give many details in a poster. Highlight only ; important issue/issues.
MAIN FEATURES OF A POSTER
- Visually attractive/Eye Catching
- Use slogan, jingle or short verse
- Sketch or simple drawings
- Letters of different size and shape
- Proportionate spacing, etc
- The theme or subject of the poster
- Description or details associated with the theme
- Essential details like time, date, venue (for an event)
- Name(s) of issuing authority/organisation, etc
- Phrases, slogans, persuasive language
- Creativity in terms of content and design
- Overall organisation and sequencing of the matter
- Observe word limit (usually 50)
Poster Making Format Examples
TYPE I. EDUCATIONAL
Design a poster for your School Fete. You may use slogans. Do not exceed 50 words.
The Directorate of Education, Orissa state is organising an Essay Contest for all the students of the state. Prepare a suitable poster which can be sent to different schools for display on their notice board.
You are going to contest the elections for the post of the President of the Students’ Council of your school. Design a poster in not more than 50 words for your voters impressing upon them why they should vote for you. You may use slogans.
TEST YOUR SKILLS
- Design a poster for donation of old/new books to the Textbook section of the library for distribution to poor students.
- Write out a poster to announce sale of old sports goods. Imagine yourself as the sports secretary.
- Design a poster for annual fete of the school.
- Write out a poster announcing on-the-spot poster-making contest.
- Design a poster to promote computer education.
TYPE II. CULTURAL & SPORTS
As the President of Leo Club of Temple Town, prepare a poster on behalf of Lions Club and Leo Club for ‘Diwali Mela’ to be held at Nehru Stadium, mentioning some of the attractions.
Tourism Department, Government of Uttaranchal has launched an ambitious plan to develop adventure sports and eco tourism activities in the state. Prepare a suitable poster for display at important public places /publication in newspapers.
TEST YOUR SKILLS
- You are the secretary of Creative Club of your school. Prepare a graceful poster for an ‘On-the-Spot Painting’ contest at your School.
- Dynamic Memory, Civil Road, Rohtak has invited Mr Biswaroop Roy Chowdhiy to give a demonstration of ‘How To Enhance Memory’. Devise a suitable poster for circulation in the city.
- Design a poster for a ‘Musical Evening1 you are going to organise in your school.
- Prepare a suitable poster announcing a ‘Hiking & Trekking Expedition’ during summer vacation.
- There is Em exhibition of cottage and village industries; art and crEifts at Suraj Kund. Prepare a poster inviting people to see the exhibition and EQSO enjoy the colourful dances of Northern India.
TYPE III. GENERAL
You were very upset about the reports on communal riots in various parts of the country. As a concerned social worker, design a poster in not more than 50 words, highlighting the importance of communal harmony. You are Vinay/Vineeta.
Prepare a poster advising people not to take alcoholic drinks illustrating the danger of consuming alcohol. Your illustration should be in conformity with the theme provided to you.
TEST YOUR SKILLS
- As the President, Environmental Club, DAV Sr. Sec. School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi, you want to educate people about the harm done by plastics. You have organised a campaign against plastics. Prepare a suitable poster highlighting the issue.
- Delhi and surrounding areas are facing acute shortage of water. Prepare a poster advising people to save water and adopt rain water harvesting.
- Prepare a poster advising people to say ‘no’ to drugs, illustrating the dangers of consuming drugs. Your illustration should be in conformity with the theme provided to you.
Write out a poster on ‘Drug Addiction and its Dangers’.
- Design an attractive and instructive poster on behalf of the Delhi Police to educate and
warn the people against any suspicious or unclaimed objects in public places/trains/ buses to avert bomb blasts.
- Write out a poster on ‘SAVE THE EARTH’ on behalf of the Pollution Board, Rajasthan state.
- Design a poster for the NO TOBACCO DAY to create awareness among the masses about the harms of smoking.
- You are Ratna Pathak, a female activist. Design a poster highlighting the EVILS OF DOWRY.
- Draft a suitable poster for SPECIAL IMMUNISATION DRIVE for mothers and children on behalf of the Health Minister, Kerala state.
- Design a suitable poster for a PUBLIC MEETING at Gandhi Grounds to be addressed among others by the Prime Minister.
- Draft a suitable poster on behalf of Delhi Police to be cautious while employing domestic helps.
- You are running an astrological consultation service called Tour Stars and You’. Design a suitable poster.
- Swami Agnivesh is in your town for two days. Design a poster inviting the people to join Swamiji in his prayer songs, and listen to his discourse on ‘The Mystery of the Gita’.
- You are making an effort to spread the message of communal harmony. Prepare a poster with catchy slogans to be displayed in the school premises. (Word limit: 50 words)
- Water is precious and each one of us must Stop wastage. Prepare a poster in not more than 50 words urging people to employ various methods of rain water harvesting in their colonies.
- Repeated earthquakes in India and elsewhere have resulted in unprecedented damage and destruction to both life and property. Educating people on the precautions to be taken is the need of the hour. Prepare a poster, in not more than 50 words, for creating this awareness.
More Resources for CBSE Class 12: