Our team of subject expert teachers has prepared and reviewed the NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Geography Chapter 9 Life in the Temperate Grasslands are given here will help you to prepare well and score good numbers in exams.
Life in the Temperate Grasslands NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Social Science Geography Chapter 9
Class 7 Geography Chapter 9 Life in the Temperate Grasslands InText Questions and Answers
Text Book Page No. 68
Some type of grass grows on almost every surface of the earth. List names of places where you have observed grass growing, e.g., lawns, cricket field, between cracks of a side walk etc.
Road side, ground, grazing lands, farms.
Velds lie in the Southern hemisphere. When it is summers in velds, what season would it be in the prairies ?
When it is summers in velds, it would be winters in the prairies.
Class 7 Geography Chapter 9 Life in the Temperate Grasslands Exercise Questions and Answers
Answer the following questions :
(1) What are the Temperate Grasslands of North America called?
(2) What are the cattle farms in the North American grasslands known as?
(3) Name the rivers that drain the velds.
(a) River Orange
(b) River Limpopo
(4) When is the rainy season in the velds?
The velds receive rainfall mainly in summer months from November to February.
(5) What is the major occupation of the people of the South African grass¬lands?
- Sheep rearing
- Dairy farming
Tick the correct answer :
(1) River Mississippi drains
(c) the USA
(c) the USA
(2) Drakensberg Mountains bound the
(3) Merino is a species of
(4) Kimberley is famous for
Match the following.
|Cowboys||Iron and steel|
|Coal||Iron and steel|
(1) The Prairies are known as the ‘Granaries of the world’.
The Prairies are known as the ‘Granaries of the World’ because of the huge surplus of wheat production.
(2) Rise of the wool industry in the velds.
Sheep rearing is the most important occupation in the Velds. Merino Sheep is a popular space and their wool is very warm. People of this region are mostly engaged in this activity. This has given rise to the wood industry there.
(1) On an outline map of North America, mark the Rocky mountains, the Great lakes, the river Mississippi, the river Saskatchewan, the cities Chicago and Winnipeg.